5 MUST-HAVE SKILLS OF A DIGITAL MARKETER
Digital marketing is not all about tracking analysis and running ads.As a digital marketer there are necessary skills to excel in any situation you find yourself. You can be the best in your sphere, you can be one of the best talents at your workspace but the truth is that if you do not have some basic work ethics, it’s a NO go area. For you to survive in a working environment be it challenging or not there are certain soft skills you would need. As you read further, we would be taking you through the must-have skills at a digital marketer.
Here are the 5 must-have skills of a digital marketer. Do follow closely;
- Communication: You can’t be a marketer and not know how to communicate effectively. Poor marketing=Low sales. Not to mention a digital marketer who specializes in running campaigns and selling ideas to his team and audience. Keeping your team abreast on ideas and development is key. No-one is an island of knowledge which is why teamwork is very important for both personal and business growth. Moreover, the aim of a team is to share ideas and think from different perspectives. If you can’t keep your team and audience abreast then there would be no progress . In addition, one of the ‘plus’ skills you need to work on are your listening, writing, reading and speaking skills. You would get to find out that working will be less stressful when people do not misunderstand you.
- Curiosity: Unlike the popular saying that curiosity killed the cat, it will not kill you. It’s something that will help you excel in your field. Be sure to develop your curiosity. It is possible. There are new tools, resources and information put out there daily and you’d be left behind if your curiosity doesn’t kick in. You shouldn’t lose guard. Acquire the necessary skills and build them overtime.
- Courage; It takes a lot of this to make marketing digitally work. If you are not convinced that your ideas will work, how do you intend to sell it to others? You need to work on the courage to defend every idea that comes. In the marketing sphere, no idea should be ignored but they can be restrategized. This is a very important skill that is mostly ignored but every pitch will be executed with courage in every team member.
- Creativity: Most people say they’re not creative probably because they have this belief they can’t generate ideas. That’s just an excuse really. IIf anyone thinks deeply and zero your mind off the fact that you can’t do it, you’ll discover the unique part of you. Creativity doesn’t come just like that. Think of one thing and it would lead to the other. Basically, this is a skill that will help you stand out as a digital marketer. What you should be bothered about are:
- How creative can you be?
- What differentiates you from the average man who is not a digital marketer?
- Will your copies move your target audience to buy what you are selling?
- You can work on your creativity. It’s as innate as it is nurtured.
- If i was the one reading this, how would i feel. Would it be ignored or would I spend time on such a copy?
It takes this little step to become better so why underestimate yourself.
- Passion: Passion is just the height of it. It’s a must have skill. No passion= No growth= No work = No money. Frankly, when this is at the core of your work, it becomes enjoyable. You’ll be fulfilled with what you do and that’s the best thing to keep a man going. The question is “Are you passionate about digital marketing?”
In conclusion, upskilling is very important in any situation you find yourself. You need to make yourself relevant to your employer and developing these skills subsequently is going to be of benefit to your growth as an individual and as a digital marketer.
You should watch out for our subsequent mails. Have a lovely day ahead. Cheers